How managers engage with their team can directly affect staff productivity and performance.
Team Members often leave Businesses because of poor relationships with their manager, so it is crucial for business owners and managers to develop the skills needed to retain good staff and boost productivity.
1. “Developing good people skills and basic human skills is fundamental to maintaining good relationships with your staff.”
2. “Staff have to develop their skills and this requires managers delegating tasks effectively. It helps staff improve their sense of authority and responsibility within the organisation.
3. “It’s important to manage the performance of your staff. While some may think performance management is about addressing the negatives, it’s also about highlighting the positives of their work.”
4. “Staff need motivation so managers need to know what their team members want from their workplace. Managers should find out the needs of their staff and try to implement measures to accommodate them. These measures usually come at little or no expense and can simply involve keeping staff in the loop and showing them some respect.”
5. “A positive team climate helps retain talented people and leads to better productivity and performance. Seventy per cent of the team climate stems from the manager’s leadership style. If that style is working a staff member’s performance can be boosted by up to 25 per cent.”
How you manage team members is very important for productivity, profitability and a successful business.